Monday, September 14, 2009

Road to recovery

It's now been 2 weeks since my fall. The reality of it all is really setting in. I am a father of a wonderful little girl, had a great job, and girlfriend. Now my finances are ruined, medical bills are piling up, my job is on hold but not sure if there will be my position when healthy again, girlfriend?? I can't go get the school clothes I promised my daughter, school lunches are expensive. My whole cost of living seems just overwhelming right now. I owe for my trip for money I borrowed so I could make my first burn. It is crazy how excited I was for this trip, looking forward to a week of fun with girlfriend and all the new people to meet. I pretty much ruined the trip for girlfriend also, well if asked I did ruin the trip. So enough with the negative. The short amount of time that was spent on the playa was good. The spirit of burning man and your neighbors helping out, the whole meaning of one big community was felt. From the first moment of just setting up camp all the helping hands. I did get to see the man burn from some really nice neighbors that took us in there art car. Otherwise I never would have seen it. I am very thankful for that. I set up a donation through paypal for anyone who would like to donate until I get back on both my feet. Thank you to everyone ahead of time and will like to meet more burners next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment