Friday, September 11, 2009

Burning Man gone wrong

August 29th arrived at burning man, set up camp and looking forward to an exciting time with my girlfriend. September 1st, not even 8 hours from arrival I was jumping off this dome approx 30ft onto these large blue mats. Seemed safe enough, many people were landing just fine. My first 2-3 attempts no problems. I decided it was time for bed since it was 2 in the morning but ill jump one more time. Should have went to bed, I missed the mat from about 30 feet up hitting the Playa below and broke my femur. Had to be flown out by Heli to Reno for surgery right away. In less then 12 hours from arrival I am in a hospital bed with a metal rod in my left femur with screws holding in place. What a way to start my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment