Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Doctor visit

Went to the doctor today to get all the staples removed. Four cuts for the screws, two just above the knee and two just below the hip. The rod runs from my knee to hip inside the femur, the screws are there to hold in in place. Then on the side of my thigh two large cuts few inches apart, I guess that where they put in the rod and moved the muscle out of the way. All in all 6 cuts with about 24 staples, one rod and 4 screws. I cant wait to go the the airport and go through the metal detector. Now the part that really sucks is all the tape residue marks all over my leg, gonna take many showers to scrub that off. Found some wipes that claim to take off the tape markings, really excited but it failed miserably. Oh well, that's the least of my concerns or should be, just annoying.
Since I dont have insurance found free clinic to help me. Waited 2 1/2 hours to be seen and was done in 5 minutes, got some good info though for future visits so worth every minute! Got new excercise to do and visit with an ortho doctor in few weeks to check my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment