Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day to day

Well it seems as though things are starting to get better. My daily routine that I took for granted like walking, driving, cooking, etc.. is amazing how much work is involved when you have to use crutches for every task you do. Just to get up and go to the bathroom is a major task. Try sitting on a toilet is a crazy balancing act! I am joined by my crutches in the shower. My toes are farther away then ever before. Putting on underwear, next to impossible, socks, impossible, thank god for flip flops. Good news is found some great stretches on a website for physical therapy for broken femur. http://www.ssoc.co.za/femur-fracture.html In just a few days of using the stretches I can finally sit in a chair with my leg bent almost at a 90. My swelling is almost gone, still bruised all over my leg but purple color fading. Pain is still there but reduced my 5mg oxycodone to just 2 per day. Started 2 weeks ago with endocet 10/325, 4 to 5 per day. Saw my doctor and was told leg looking good. I hope to have full range of motion in next couple weeks. Then start strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment